I have seen countless fans questioning Sunye ‘why did you renew your contract in the first place’. These fans are probably annoyed that she renewed her contract and then decided to leave for Haiti, ditching the rest of the members.
1) Sunye did renewed her contract with JYPE. It was a contract with JYPE, not a Wonder Girls contract. The same goes for the 2 members who renewed.
2) The Haiti decision was certainly NOT a sudden one. She has decided on this Haiti mission around the time she got married. JYPE knew about it. However, JYPE still wants her to renew her contract, probably to keep the ‘WG’ brand name alive so that any member can still promote under the name ‘WG xxx’.
3) As mentioned in point 2, she and her husband already decided on the name of the NGO and their plans in Haiti since early 2013. Proof of James’ interview mentioning ‘Whitestone Global’ can be found here (last paragraph). The news about her setting up an NGO was also published in a magazine.
4) The contract is an agreement between 2 parties - Sunye and JYPE. Despite knowing about her decision to take at least 5 years off for her mission trip, JYPE still want to renew her. And of cos as a JYPnation faithful, Sunye renewed out of loyalty.
5) Fans who are delusional and thinking that Wonder Girls will comeback in the short term should have extinguished that thought since their last China performance. The Chinese JYPE staff have said to some fans that Wonder Girls is done. They even held a farewell celebration for all members, not just Sunye.
6) JYP has always been nice and a fatherly-figure to Sunye… watching her grow up. He has also been influenced by Sunye and mentioned that he learned a lot from Sunye. I won’t be surprised if JYP has some link to Whitestone Global or mission work.
Some fans blame it on Sunye for ditching the rest of the members due to her indecisive. She is very clear with her direction since the beginning. It is JYPE who has been very unclear and I believe anything about ‘Wonder Girls’ should be clarified by JYPE and not Sunye herself. Sunye can only clarify about her personal plans.
JYPE has no intentions of promoting WG any further and all members are off to do solo activities. If everyone can do their own thing now, Sunye can too. No point in Sunye hanging around doing nothing while waiting for JYPE to decide when for Wonder Girls to make a comeback.